Who doesn’t like baking? My kiddos love to help and create things in the kitchen. We found this amazing baking devotions for kids at the Christian store and have been enjoying the yummy treats our children have been making. Now this is no ordinary baking cook book filled with recipes. This cook book has a bible lesson included with each recipe. It is so much fun to learn the word of God while making some tasty treats. 12 recipes and bible lessons are included in this book.
The devotional lesson for this recipe is …being thankful. I was not surprised that this was the bible lesson for a colorful cake because when we did our lesson on10 ways to have fun with food coloring and our counters were covered with color, I could not help but smile because colorful things always cheer you up. We studied the bible verse.. “Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the father of heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows (James 1:17). We made a list of all the things we are thankful for. Then we played a game … I told the kids that they had one minute to identify everything in the room that is blue. I then asked them to close their eyes and without looking to tell me everything that is green in the room. Because they focused so much on all the blue things, they had no time to focus on the green things and had a hard time naming them. It is the same way in life. When we focus on hardships, we will have a hard time seeing the positive things around us. God gives us so much but often times we complain and are not grateful. I also told our children that the greatest gift of all is Christ. Christ died for us because he loves us. “God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have eternal life” (John :16). All of the above ideas are included in this book. At the end of each baking devotion is a prayer that you and your child can repeat.
What you need:
* 1 boxed white cake mix (eggs, water, oil)
- * Food coloring gels…6 different colors
* One tub vanilla frosting
*1 tub whipped topping thawed
* Preheat oven to 350 F
* Make cake mix by following directions on the back of the box.
* Grease two round cake pans and place in a circle of parchment paper.
* Divide the batter evenly into six bowls.
* Add a different icing color gel to each one of the bowls.
* Pour three colors in each of the two cake pans.
*Place pan in oven and follow the directions on the box.
*Remove from oven and let cake cool.
* Mix the tub of vanilla frosting and the tub of whipped topping together.
* Spread the frosting onto the first layer of cake.
* Then place the second layer of cake onto the first cake with frosting.
* Add the rest of the frosting onto the second layer of cake.
* Add sprinkles on top of the cake and enjoy.
Here is a sneak peek of another baking devotion recipe which can be found in this book. It is called Fishers of Men Oreo Pops… Bible lesson: Sharing your faith.
Below is an example of how the book looks like inside. It has lots of pictures in it and is very easy for your child to follow.
You can purchase the life is sweet book by clicking on the amazon button to the right of this post.
I receive a small percentage when you buy this book. There is no extra cost to you. 🙂